Article 48 Initiative
A world where women with disabilities are valued, respected and empowered to reach their full potential and thrive in their communities.
To promote the rights and wellbeing of Women and Girls with Disabilities by providing access to justice, providing them with resources and support to reach their full potential. Through advocacy, education, community engagement and employment opportunities, to create a world where women with disabilities are respected, valued and able to thrive. We believe that every woman has the right to live a fulfilling life and we are committed to removing the barriers that prevent them from doing so.a justice system that guarantees the right to justice for all persons with disabilities on an equal basis with others.
We are guided by the following core values;
- Equality: we believe that all women with Disabilities have the right to equal opportunities and treatment, we work towards achieving equitable outcomes for Women with disabilities and ensuring they have access to Justice and the same opportunities and resources as everyone else;
- Inclusivity: we commit to create an inclusive and accessible society that values and respects diversity. We believe all women; abled and disabled were created equal and have a right to live a fulfilling life;
- Collaboration: we work closely with other organizations with similar values as ours. We also collaborate with our communities and stakeholders in order to leverage each other’s strengths and expertise;
- Advocacy: we advocate for the rights and needs of Women with Disabilities, raise awareness about the challenges they face and also endeavor to find way to help them overcome these challenges and difficulties.
- Accountability: We are accountable to the Women with disabilities that we serve, our partners and our supporters, and strive to act with transparency and integrity in all our activities.